Joy Bauer is the nutritionist to the New York City Ballet as well as several celebrities and athletes. She's the author of a new cookbook and can be seen sharing healthy eating advice on NBC's Today show. Check out her simple and delicious chocolate smoothie recipe below.
Looking to add a hit of nutrition to your chocolate shake? Try a couple of handfuls of baby spinach. I'm serious! You'll still taste only chocolaty goodness, but you'll get a dose of greens as well.
See ... it IS easy being green.
Chocolate Smoothie Surprise
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or skim milk, soy milk, or coconut milk)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced (preferably frozen)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 3 to 5 ice cubes (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender until creamy and smooth. For an icier consistency, add a few cubes.