Say goodbye to midday slumps with this day, lunchtime meal! This colorful cabbage salad incorporates a variety of color, which is essential for obtaining a vast amount of nutrients in a single meal.
With added hemp seeds for protein and healthy fats such as avocado and olive oil, this salad is my go-to for a quick, summer lunch! Bonus tip: Add a nutrient-dense green juice for an even more powerful nutrient punch.
10-Minute Meal: Cabbage + Hemp Salad
- 1 small head of purple cabbage
- handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup olive or hemp oil
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 lime
1. Cut and prepare all vegetables.
2. In a side bowl, whisk olive oil with a little bit of salt and pepper.
3. Mix all vegetables, olive oil, hemp seeds.
4. Squeeze lime over salad and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Add avocado on top before serving.
Photo courtesy of the author