I was experimenting with my blender when I came upon the most delicious smoothie of my life. It has protein, potassium, fiber, chocolate, and TASTES LIKE A BANANA SPLIT!
I drink it in the morning and it keeps me full for hours. (Yes, I'm a little obsessed with this smoothie.) Now you can add it to your morning routine, too.
- 1 whole banana
- 1 heaping tablespoon of organic, unsweetened peanut butter (you can go raw if that's your thing or swap it out for almond butter if you have allergies)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of cacao powder (more cacao will produce a richer taste but too much and your smoothie will be bitter)
- 5 to 8 pitted Algerian dates
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Ice (if you like it cold and frothy)
If you have a vitamix and use more ice, you'll get an amazing ice-cream like dessert. I've also heated mine up after blending and enjoyed it as a post-dinner cuddle up drink. A great wool-socks and movie go-with as the weather gets cooler.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com