Self-love isn't about being narcissistic. It's not about “me, me, me.” It's not about fighting the world to express ourselves or to get what we want. Self-love is about looking at ourselves through the eyes of a loving mother, a loving God. What would a loving mother want for her child? How would she see him or her?
Self-love is simply about owning our own power and acting from a place of kindness toward ourselves.
Here are 20 reasons why self-love is important.
When we love ourselves:
1. We let go of blame, shame, and anger. We invite ownership, creation, and power into our lives.
2. We feel, hear, and believe in our power. It doesn’t matter what others think or say about us; what matters is how we feel about ourselves.
3. We feel at peace. We accept ourselves — including our strengths and weaknesses — unconditionally.
4. We become responsible for our lives. We recognize that we are the source of all happiness. We are the source of the power to change our futures, careers, relationships, passion, compassion, empathy and authenticity.
5. We let go of loneliness and embrace a deeper connection and sense of oneness with the world.
6. We allow ourselves to show up in the world and live our purpose.
7. The more we look at ourselves with love, the more we practice love and acceptance toward others. We let go of thoughts that negate our reality (the “should”s), and we become lovers of what is.
8. We allow ourselves to be human. We accept mistakes and failures, and we invite vulnerability into our lives.
9. We don’t need to prove ourselves to others, because we know that we’re enough.
10. We are no longer ruled by fear, because we know that love is the strongest power of all. When we choose love over fear, we become stress-free beings.
11. We let go of competition and comparing ourselves to others. Therefore, we’ll always be enough.
12. When we love ourselves, we give birth to creativity, inspiration and openness.
13. We accept reality instead of blaming and fighting it, because we know that love is in every corner.
14. We attract harmony, peace, spaciousness, and significance in our relationships.
15. We find courage to accept failure because we know that it is one step closer to growth, and our significance isn't dependent on what we produce.
16. We let go of keeping ourselves small in this world and allow growth instead, just like the tree that grows to provide shade and food for an infinite number of people. The more we grow, the more we spread love and joy.
17. When we love ourselves, we become aware of our stressful thoughts and how we react when think them. We question their truthfulness and we choose to turn them around and invite stillness instead into our lives.
18. We feel safe because we know that we will always be right here for ourselves.
19. We shine naturally without working for it or fighting to get it.
20. We move from scarcity to abundance in every area of life without the need to fight or push to get it.
Cynthia Belmer has been on the self-love journey for over 8 years. Her job is to help women end their stress by realizing that they're already what they're looking for in life: love and strength.
In 2006 Cynthia began her quest to finding answers to "who am I" which led her to questioning her stressful beliefs about her life experiences in relationships (self, romantic and personal ones) and in spirituality.
Since then, Cynthia has coached countless women from all over the world and led workshops that helped individuals find gifts in their negative experiences and turn their focus towards the loving voice that has always been ready to give them happiness in life.
Although Cynthia has been coaching for many years, she still considers herself a student of self-realization. She's a self-love coach, author of Life Without Approval and an inspirational speaker.
Contact her directly on her website: www.cynthiabelmer.com