We all want to be happy. We often talk about how badly we want happiness, yet we keep repeating the same unhealthy habits over and over again.
The best way to achieve happiness is by eliminating things that aren't serving us anymore.
So read the following list of what you should stop doing, and make your life happier today:
1. Stop complaining about what’s missing. Instead, be grateful for what you already have.
2. Stop being a jerk to people you love. Instead, open up about what’s bothering you deep inside.
3. Stop comparing yourself to others, because you’ll never feel good enough. Instead, focus on your strengths and let them shine.
4. Stop pushing people away with your criticism. Instead, accept your imperfections and acknowledge theirs as well.
5. Stop living in your past. Instead, forgive yourself and those who caused you pain and move on.
6. Stop seeking people’s approval, because you’ll always feel that something’s missing. Instead, believe in yourself and focus on what makes you happy.
7. Stop blaming others for your unhappiness, because you’re the author of your life. Instead, put a plan together to create the life that you want.
8. Stop beating yourself up when you make mistakes. Instead, use them as an opportunity to grow.
9. Stop falling into your bad habits. Instead, create new ones that will help you achieve your goals.
10. Stop wasting your life on Facebook and on TV. Instead, find new passions that will nurture you.
11. Stop living other people’s dreams. Instead, find your own and feel alive forever.
12. Stop being in a rush. Instead, focus on every moment because you have all your life to complete your tasks.
13. Stop worrying about everything. Instead, focus on every moment so you don’t miss out on miracles.
14. Stop whining. Instead, focus on what you want and take action to get it
15. Stop controlling others. Instead, appreciate who they are and what they are.
16. Stop thinking you’re the smartest. Instead, appreciate the best in others and work with them to create a more harmonious world.
17. Stop trying to impress other people. Instead, be yourself and let people love you for who you are.
18. Stop surrounding yourself with negative people, because they’ll only bring you down. Instead, be around like minded people who appreciate you and support your growth
19. Stop saying YES to everything. Instead, stand up for yourself and say NO lovingly, for everyone’s sake.
20. Stop competing for success. Instead, realize that the world has enough for everyone.
21. Stop being scared of taking your first step. Instead, gain your power back and trust the process of life. Everything happens for a “good” reason.
What are your thoughts about happiness?
Cynthia Belmer has been on the self-love journey for over 8 years. Her job is to help women end their stress by realizing that they're already what they're looking for in life: love and strength.
In 2006 Cynthia began her quest to finding answers to "who am I" which led her to questioning her stressful beliefs about her life experiences in relationships (self, romantic and personal ones) and in spirituality.
Since then, Cynthia has coached countless women from all over the world and led workshops that helped individuals find gifts in their negative experiences and turn their focus towards the loving voice that has always been ready to give them happiness in life.
Although Cynthia has been coaching for many years, she still considers herself a student of self-realization. She's a self-love coach, author of Life Without Approval and an inspirational speaker.
Contact her directly on her website: www.cynthiabelmer.com