A light and refreshing smoothie that’s perfect on a warm day. It’s made with a base of fresh hibiscus tea, and blended with berries and mint. As the weather starts to get warmer and you find your body craving light food, this is a perfect option.
Smoothies are wonderful because they're quick to make and give you a burst of energy. This smoothie is great for a light breakfast or a refreshing afternoon tea.
Hibiscus Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 dried hibiscus flowers or 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 banana
- 2 dates, pitted
- 10 fresh mint leaves
1. Add hibiscus flowers or tea bags to a bowl with boiling water. Leave to steep for 20 minutes. Strain and set aside until cool.
2. Add hibiscus tea, strawberries, raspberries, banana, dates and mint to a blender and mix until smooth.
3. Pour into glass and drink while cold. Add ice for an extra refreshing drink.
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.