A Kale-Friendly Minestrone To Warm Your Soul
Need a new way to incorporate kale into your cool weather meals? Warm up with this delicious and satisfying version of an Italian classic...It's made with real ingredients only and is 100% vegan-friendly!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups organic Tuscan kale, washed and chopped
- 1 15-ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups organic vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh flat Italian parsley, for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, celery, and carrots and sauté for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
Add the kale and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until softened.
Add the tomatoes, beans, vegetable stock, and water.
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve and garnish with parsley if you wish.
Super quick, easy and delicious! Enjoy...
Ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.