I often look to Mahatma Gandhi for wisdom. His gentle approach to life is testament to the fact that strength does not equal physical capacity.
In the western world, we're taught that to be strong, we must be ferocious in attitude and vehemently go after what we want in life.
I believe this approach is flawed. And I think Mahatma Gandhi would agree with me.
His life story has proven that it’s possible to remain gentle in spirit, yet simultaneously command a huge amount of strength and respect.
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
In a world in which authority is valued over authentic leadership, I believe we have a lot to learn from the man who fought for a nation with his mind alone.
Gandhi’s philosophy was not purely based on theory; instead he lived by rules of pragmatism. He practiced what he preached every day of his life.
What an inspiring, authentic way to live!
I hope you can take some time to soak up the invaluable wisdom from the 20 Gandhi quotes below, and decide for yourself how you will exude your own gentle, strength today.
20 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi:
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.”
- “Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”
- “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
- “An ounce of patience is worth more than a tonne of preaching.”
- “Change yourself – you are in control.”
- “See the good in people and help them.”
- “Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.”
- “Take care of this moment.”
- “Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.”
- “Continue to grow and evolve.”
- “A no uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ uttered merely to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
- “Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.”
- "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
- “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.”
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
- “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.