This post is part of a series by Shannon Kaiser called Live Your Life — a primer on finding your passion and living with purpose. Each day this week, we’ll post one article offering the foundational elements you need to go deeper in the search for your life’s true meaning. When you’re ready to take the next step, check out Shannon’s course: Get Unstuck: How To Find Your Calling & Live A Life With More Meaning.
Have you lost your passion for your job or even your life? Maybe you've been going through the motions so long you don't even remember having passion.
If you're frustrated or bored, craving more connection, and wondering if what you have now is really all there is, it might be time to make a drastic change.
Six years ago I was stuck in a job in advertising that suffocated my soul. My doctor diagnosed me with clinical depression, and that was my wake-up call. I realized my depression was a result of a failure to listen to my own heart. As it turns out, I was avoiding my true calling. I didn't even know what my calling was, but I knew I was missing it.
So I went on a journey to discover my true self, and in the process I found love for life and for myself, and today I am living my life to the fullest. I transformed my life by finding purpose, and the journey started with my asking myself some important questions. Through my personal journey, I learned a lot about what it actually means to be fulfilled and happy and what steps we can take to get there.
1. What am I holding on to that no longer feels good?
2. What have I been avoiding out of fear?
3. What dream have I ignored, but it keeps coming back to me?
4. What in my life am I forcing?
5. What skills or talents am I not using?
6. What am I afraid of?
7. What concerns am I willing to release?
8. What am I committed to changing?
9. What can I remove from my life?
10. What brings me incredible joy?
11. When do I feel like my best self?
We have to be honest with ourselves about what we want and who we are. In this truthful space, transformation begins.