Following a paleo diet has helped me overcome my sugar addiction, but I still enjoy a taste of something sweet sometimes. I've always been a fan of chocolate pudding, but the kind you make from a box contains all kinds of ingredients I prefer to avoid.
This recipe uses coconut milk (so it's dairy-free), a small amount of natural sweetener and raw, unprocessed chocolate.The only downside is that you need to wait at least four hours before eating!
Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (make sure to use full-fat for best consistency)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In medium pot, combine coconut milk, egg yolks and salt. Heat on medium/medium-low for about 10 minutes. Watch carefully and stir consistently so it doesn't burn. Add honey and heat for 5 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, add cacao powder.
- Using a strainer, pour coconut mixture over cacao and stir to remove any lumps. Add the vanilla. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
**Adapted from NomNomPaleo
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com