Like a fish out of water, change and uncertainty can feel life threatening. Branching out into the unknown is extremely unnerving for some, but I know from my own journey that all transformation requires us to accept uncertainty and embrace the unknown. On the other side of these changes are happiness and security. So learning to look at change as an opportunity for growth will help us in the long run.
Inspired choices are almost always motivated from the heart. When we make an inspired choice it feels expansive, exciting and loving. Desperate choices are usually ones we feel forced into. Many times they feel heavy, uncomfortable and overwhelming. The desperate decision comes from a place deep in our being that screams out, “I can’t take any more, get me out of this situation.”
When it comes to making a decision, many of us are so focused on the worst-case scenario that we are paralyzed by our choices. We are terrified of making the wrong decision.
What if I told you that there is no right and wrong when it comes to making a decision? What if every choice we make helps us learn more about ourselves? We either learn more about what we want, or we learn more about what we don’t want. We discover our values, better understand our perceptions, and ultimately, our choices help us grow into the person we long to be. Learning to look at choices as an opportunity for growth can help us make more choices from an inspired, heart-centered place.
Here are 10 empowering quotes from my book, Find Your Happy, to help you embrace change:
1. You can’t leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be.
2. Everything in life is a lesson; if you keep repeating the same pattern, you haven’t passed the lesson. We move forward in life by getting the lessons.
3. Life doesn’t hurt, expectations do. Things don’t happen to us, they happen for us.
4. You must make a choice to take a chance, or things will never change.
5. You don’t always need a grand plan, just take a breath, let go and be open to what happens.
6. Progress will sometimes look like a lot of failures. We have to learn what doesn’t work in order to get to what does. Don’t give up, you are closer than you think.
7. There's a difference between giving up and knowing when you've had enough. Know when enough is enough.
8. Setbacks are miracles in disguise. Always believe that things are working out in your favor.
9. Your heart is to be trusted. It knows what your head has yet to figure out.
10. When you stop chasing what your mind wants you will get what your soul needs.
To create your own happiness list grab this FREE Love Your Life to The Fullest Guide.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com