Mini Detox To Rev Up Your Metabolism
Being a health coach and a detox specialist has taught me so much about cleansing. So often people think we have to do an extreme juice detox if we want to rid our bodies of unwanted toxicity, and recharge our digestion.
Well, allow me to debunk this myth:
You do not have to do an extreme cleansing program to recharge, renew, and rev up your metabolism for the summer months!
If you'd like to jump-start your way into the body you want and deserve, here's a 1-day detox that's safe and simple. I always suggest trying a cleanse for one day and noticing how your body feels:
- Do you feel more alive?
- Do you feel more energy?
- Do you feel less bloated?
Notice how you feel during this one day detox and most importantly, have FUN!
5 Tips For Cleansing
- Start a journal to document this amazing process.
- Realize that you're going to shed what does not serve you both physically and emotionally.
- Eat/drink every 3 hours to stabilize your blood sugar.
- If you want to boost your detox experience, feel free to get crazy and add some superfoods like spirulina or chlorophyll to your juices or smoothies for extra energy.
- Regular bowel movements are important for proper detoxification! If you are not “going” then try drinking senna tea or more lemon water to better support your liver and alkalize your body.
Drink water with lemon
- 1 cucumber
- handful of kale
- ½ bunch mint
- a handful of parsley
Wash all of your ingredients and then juice. After juicing, finish your drink off with the juice of one lemon.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- ½ cup spinach
- 2 tablespoon tahini
1 apple and 4 ounces of coconut water
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ avocado
- ½ cucumber, diced
- handful of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg's raw)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice from a lemon
Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing.
4 ounces of coconut water and 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Superfood Berry Baby Salad
- 4 cups spring mix or spinach
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 pear, cored and grated
- 1/8 cup goji berries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or apple cider vinegar
Add your mixed greens and grated pear to a bowl. Add the blueberries and goji berries and toss with balsamic or raw apple cider vinegar.
Drink chamomile tea with lemon.
Enjoy, sleep well, and reboot!
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.