21 Signs Your Meditation & Yoga Practices Are Working
Meditation and yoga practices help us to work toward becoming happier and peaceful human beings. This is an ongoing process and can take a lifetime. Sometimes you may wonder if your daily meditation and yoga practices have been benefiting you, and if so, how.
Below are some signs that your practice(s) are making a difference and helping you in your daily lives. Although meditation is a part of yoga, I am differentiating the two here because of the tendency is for yoga to be seen as only a physical practice here in the West. This list is by no means exhaustive or mutually exclusive, but these are some of the benefits and changes that are commonly experienced by those who regularly practice meditation and yoga.
1. Your happiness comes more from nurturing your mind, body, and spirit, rather than from other people or material objects.
2. You're able to express yourself without hurting others.
3. You view challenges as opportunities for growth.
4. You know the right thing to do, and you do it.
5. You feel compassion for others, including people, animals, and the earth.
6. You accept your current circumstance or situation, and either feel grateful for it or work toward improving it.
7. You begin to appreciate things that you once took for granted.
8. You focus on the solution, rather than the problem.
9. You try to maintain an ongoing positive attitude and recognize when you feel off-balance.
10. You love, appreciate, and respect yourself.
11. You listen to your intuition.
12. You not only genuinely feel happy for others’ successes, but also try to support them in the best way you can.
13. You think more about what will benefit the greater good, instead of what will benefit yourself.
14. A willingness to work through resentments, let go, and move forward.
15. You feel calmer in your daily interactions with others, as well as in situations that may have once caused anger.
16. You realize you aren’t perfect, and life is a series of lessons to help you continue progressing.
17. You start making time for the things you enjoy doing.
18. In a given situation you ask yourself, What is happening here, instead of, Why is this happening to me.
19. Others feel happy and positive just being around you.
20. You continue seeking and finding ways to feel inspired and motivated.
21. You make conscious efforts to bring your awareness back to the present moment.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.