The seven chakras are the centers in our bodies in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our seven chakras can often lead to illness, so it's important to understand what each chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely.
Here's our quick summary of the seven chakras:
1. Root Chakra.
The root chakra represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food
2. Sacral Chakra.
The sacral chakra is all about our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality
3. Solar Plexus Chakra.
The solar plexus chakra speaks to your ability to be confident and in control of your life.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem
4. Heart Chakra.
The heart chakra can influence our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above the heart
- Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace
5. Throat Chakra.
The throat chakra controls our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth
6. Third Eye Chakra.
The third eye chakra speaks to our ability to see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra)
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions
7. Crown Chakra.
The crown chakra, the highest chakra, represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss
If you want to learn even more about chakras, and how to open each to harness your spiritual energy to feel truly alive, check out our course, Chakras 101: How To Harness Your Spiritual Energy For Better Sex, Better Sleep & Better Moods. Here's a sneak peek below!
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.