As we are head into the silly season, it's no secret that many of us will be consuming more alcohol this time of year, which will no doubt put a lot of extra pressure on our liver. Enter dandelion root tea, which is great for detoxing the liver! Plus it has many other great benefits, such as:
8 Reasons to Drink Dandelion Root Tea
- It improves digestion and aids weight loss.
- It eases congestion of the liver.
- It helps to purify the bladder and kidneys.
- It reduces the risk of urinary tract infections.
- It contains calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, vitamins B and C.
- It helps to purify the blood, regulate blood sugar and improves blood circulation.
- It helps to ease bloating and aching joints.
- It helps to cure skin conditions.
And that's just the beginning. Dandelion leaves also have all of these health benefits and more, which makes them a great option to include in your morning green juice.
The best way to get all of these benefits is to put the dried root straight into a cup with boiling water and drink it as is.
You can also roast the roots and drink it as a coffee substitute with some unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon and a few drops of stevia.