7 Herbal Formulations To Clear Your Life Of Negative Energy
Throughout history, people have used herbs in healing ceremonies to purify and protect against negative energy. I've taken a cue from these traditions and incorporated herbs and spices into my daily routines and rituals to align my home's energy with my dreams and aspirations.
Herbs and spices are full of their own wisdom, magic, and sensory greatness. Here are a few ways to use the power of nature to keep the energy around you high and clear.
1. Start a rosemary smudging ceremony.
To make a simple rosemary smudge stick, lightly tie a handful of fresh rosemary in twine and let the bundle dry out for a few weeks. Light the herbs and let the stick burn for 30 seconds. Then, waft the smoke toward yourself with the intention of clearing all negative energies, starting at the top of your body and moving downward. You can also walk through your house with the windows open and a pot in one hand to catch any herbal debris. If you have a fireplace, try adding some dried rosemary branches to your fire.
2. Make a DIY herbal cleansing spray.
- 2 cups distilled water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 10 drops each of lemon and basil essential oils
Mix the ingredients in a spray bottle and use throughout your home as needed.
3. Refresh your floors with an "herbal vacuum."
Grind some dried mint into a fine power and mix with baking soda for a refreshing carpet cleanser. Mint is a mental and physical stimulant that can help boost energy and focus. On an energetic level, mint is thought to promote abundance and prosperity.
- Baking soda
- Dried mint
1. Add the baking soda to a mixing bowl. Then, powder the dried mint by using a food processor or mortar and pestle. Mix the ingredients together.
2. Sprinkle the carpet-freshening powder evenly across your floor. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. (I prefer leaving it overnight if possible.)
3. Vacuum your newly freshened carpet!
4. Soak in a eucalyptus shower.
Eucalyptus has potent anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting properties. Take a fresh bunch of organic round-leaved eucalyptus and tie it together with twine. Then sit the bundle behind your showerhead or attach it to the pole that holds your shower curtain. Relax as the fresh eucalyptus activates in the hot steam of your shower and releases its beneficial oils.
5. Gather a fresh lavender and herb bouquet.
I love dotting my flowers with lavender because it aids in relaxation and helps reduce anxiety. Not to mention, it's so beautifully violet! When the petals are past their prime, you can also bundle them with the lavender, let them dry for a few weeks, and use them for home smudging.
6. Make a simmering herbal scent.
- 3 to 4 oranges past their prime, sliced into wheels (a great way to use older fruit)
- 4 or 5 cloves (they are potent!)
- 1 cinnamon stick
In a small pot full of water, simmer the ingredients to fill your whole home with refreshing, high-vibe aromatherapy.
7. Take an herbal bath.
Placing chamomile tea in your bath can help calm your body, boost your mood, and even soothe your skin.
Use either 1 cup of dried organic chamomile tied in a cheesecloth or 3 to 4 bags of store-bought chamomile tea. Soak the tea bags in a bathtub full of hot water for 10 minutes and remove before you step in to relax!
Want to learn how feng shui can help you create a high-vibe home and set powerful intentions to manifest your dreams? This is feng shui the modern way - no superstitions, all good vibes. Our feng shui master Dana Claudat will guide you every step of the way. Click here to learn more about this incredible class!