Life's A Peach: Perfect Summer Salad
I know it's summer when peaches, my favorite fruit, are readily available. But I never thought to use them in a salad until recently. For this recipe, I simply layered them over fresh, crisp baby arugula and a marriage made in heaven was born.
I finished the salad with a few broccoli sprouts, and drizzled my favorite light, citrusy vinaigrette and I had a dish pretty enough to serve as a first course to guests or a lovely treat for a lunch outdoors on the deck.
This easy salad is summertime perfection.
Summer Peach Salad
- 1 peach, cut into slices
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts (or your favorite sprouts)
- salt and pepper
- drizzle with your favorite dressing
1. Spread the arugula on a platter or individual plates and season
2. Top with sliced peaches
3. Top the peaches with the sprouts
4. Drizzle with the dressing of your choice