Life's A Peach: Perfect Summer Salad
I know it's summer when peaches, my favorite fruit, are readily available. But I never thought to use them in a salad until recently. For this recipe, I simply layered them over fresh, crisp baby arugula and a marriage made in heaven was born.
I finished the salad with a few broccoli sprouts, and drizzled my favorite light, citrusy vinaigrette and I had a dish pretty enough to serve as a first course to guests or a lovely treat for a lunch outdoors on the deck.
This easy salad is summertime perfection.
Summer Peach Salad
- 1 peach, cut into slices
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts (or your favorite sprouts)
- salt and pepper
- drizzle with your favorite dressing
1. Spread the arugula on a platter or individual plates and season
2. Top with sliced peaches
3. Top the peaches with the sprouts
4. Drizzle with the dressing of your choice
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.