Heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium, lead, uranium and aluminum may enter the human body through food, water, air, or by absorption through the skin. These toxins contribute to serious health problems in the human body. If you have dental fillings, have been vaccinated or have eaten seafood, then your body is most likely to be contaminated.
It’s important to cleanse our bodies on a cellular level. You can do this through eating cleansing foods (organic fruits and vegetables), drinking vegetable juices, taking natural supplements (like chlorella), sweating (through exercise, hot yoga or sauna), and by using breathing techniques.
One of my favorite ways to detox my body is to have green vegetable juice every morning. No matter how busy I get, I always make it a priority to take care of my health. Green juice is my daily, drinkable health insurance, providing the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants my body needs.
This particular juice from my upcoming detox program is packed with detoxifying foods which strengthen the liver, bind the heavy metals in the body and help eliminate them.
Heavy Metal Detox Juice
- 2 small beets (or 1 large beet)
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 lime
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 inches ginger
- 1-2 tsp. chia seeds (optional)
1. Wash all ingredients. Choose organic if possible.
2. Run all the ingredients (minus chia seeds) through the juicer, or blend all ingredients (minus chia seeds) in a blender if you don't have a juicer. If using a blender, and the juice is extremely thick, you can use a strainer to remove larger particles (optional).
3. If using, add the chia seeds to your prepared juice, and leave to soak for about 10 minutes. Chia seeds contain water soluble fiber, which gives them a gel-like consistency once the seeds are soaked. This gel absorbs the toxins in your digestive tract, helping your body cleanse itself.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.