The 5 Best Yoga Poses For Increasing Your Circulation ASAP
Blood, as we know, plays an essential role in the body—it circulates essential nutrients and oxygen throughout your body and also removes waste from your cells. Increasing your blood flow can help you feel energized and increase physical and mental performance, and yoga can be a simple, effective tool for increasing your circulation.
Most people think legs up a wall is the only pose for circulation, but there are many other poses that can improve circulation! Try this easy, enjoyable yoga flow to start increasing your circulation from the comfort of your own home.
This simple pose can help to increase circulation to your upper body and brain, which can give you a fresh dose of energy and mental clarity.
- Start in mountain pose with both feet planted firmly on the ground, hands on your hips.
- Exhale and slowly fold forward from your hip joints, lengthening the front of your torso.
- Bend your elbows and hold on to each elbow with the opposite hand.
- Lightly sway from side to side, if it feels good. Hold this pose for one minute.
Seated Twist Pose
- Start in a seated pose with your legs extended forward.
- Keeping your spine straight, lift and bend your right leg over your left leg, planting your right foot next to your left thigh.
- Initiate a gentle twist from your torso and use your left arm to lightly grasp your right knee, deepening the twist.
This pose helps to re-circulate blood from your lower body to your upper body.
- Lie flat on the ground with your arms extended along your sides.
- Keep your palms pressed against the ground.
- Slowly lift your legs and torso upward using the support of your shoulders, back, and arms.
- Your toes should ultimately lie just above your head.
Happy baby will help you increase circulation to your lower body and root chakra.
- Start lying on your back.
- Bend your knees and grab the outer edges of your feet. Draw them down to the ground.
Pigeon pose deeply opens the muscles and energy in the lower body, boosting circulation to your reproductive and digestive systems.
- Start in downward-facing dog.
- Come into three-legged dog, then bring your right knee forward and place it in line with your right hand. Your shin should be parallel with the front of your mat.
- Extend your left leg back and rest your knee and top of foot on the ground.
- Square your hips and fold forward, resting your forehead on your hands. Hold for two to five minutes on each side.
Craving more yoga? Check out my blood-sugar-balancing flow, or my favorite yoga poses that will get you in the mood.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.