9 Gifts For Mamas Who Keep It Real In The Kitchen
To all the moms who get the lunchboxes packed, the dinner on the table, and the fridge stocked just how we like it whenever we come home—thank you, from the bottom of our hearts (and our bellies!). Below, check out nine thoughtful Mother's Day gifts that celebrate the mama chefs who cook with lots of love.
Kitchen Counter Upgrades
1. A nourishing extra-virgin olive oil duo. The olive oil makers at Brightland hand-source their olives straight from a single California farm to craft antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory blends like "Awake" for cozy homemade soups and roasted veggies and "Alive" for energizing salads, dressings, and marinades (aka more family dinners ahead!).
2. A do-it-all daily essential. Multitaskers like the moms you know need their kitchen tools to work just as hard as they do—thankfully, the Vitamix Ascent® Series A3500 blender can power through just about anything. Five different settings can efficiently help tackle Mom's breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert menus, from smoothies to soups and everything in between. (Bonus: The Vitamix Aer™ disc container has her emulsifying, muddling, foaming, and whipping techniques covered.)
3. A refreshingly cool water filter. Help Mom feel good about the tap—and her impact on the planet: Saying bye to single-use water bottles is one of the easiest ways to lighten our footprint, and Soma's EWG-approved water filters—like this chic six-cup Glass Carafe—truly make it the most stylish.
Foodie Family Favorites
1. A freshness-extending tumbler. The SANS bottle is making "serve immediately" a thing of the past. Perfect for meal prep or making smoothies, juices, shakes, or homemade nut milks with the Vitamix the night before, this genius tumbler's vacuum pump saves the freshness and the nutrients of Mom's recipes longer than other containers. It can also store fruits and veggies, baby food, even wine—oh hello, summer picnics.
2. A delicious bonding experience. Do one better than a brunch reservation and find a fun local cooking class, tour, or tasting in your own hometown with Airbnb Experiences. You'll find everything from Indian tea tastings to vegan food crawls to a homemade pasta-making class—in New York, for instance, you can bake with a Michelin-starred pastry chef!
3. An ode to family brunch. Gang's all here: This brunch bundle from Brandless, a socially conscious company on a mission to make high-quality products more accessible, takes care of everything—from the organic pancake mix to the fair trade coffee. All that's left is deciding who's flipping these bad boys.
1. A threesome of teas. Organic tea company du jour is Bon Temps, a women's supporting brand with a sweet build-your-own pack of three teas that Mom can brew for a cup of calm, focus, or energy, depending on what she needs.
2. A scoop of superfoods. When it comes to Mom's daily wellness routine, she'll love firing up the Vitamix and turning up the flavor on her smoothies with a Vital Proteins scoopable powder. This new Lavender Lemon flavor packs collagen peptides, probiotics, vitamin C, biotin, and more healthful nutrients for glowy skin.
3. A little relief for hardworking hands. Ever heard of murumuru butter? It's similar to coconut oil in its skin-nourishing benefits, but this deeply moisturizing ingredient combines with rose in Love Beauty and Planet's most indulgent hand cream that's perfect for protecting her hands from dryness. And it goes without saying, but help out with those dishes!