A Mouthwatering Pear + Berry Crisp (That's Totally Grain-Free)
A grain- and gluten-free fruit-based dessert perfect for springtime. Use either grass-fed butter or coconut oil to get those good-quality fats and add flavor.
Pear Berry Crisp
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 apples, peeled and cored and cut into thin wedges
- 4 pears, peeled and cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
- ¼ cup honey (or maple for a vegan version)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grain-free granola (without raisins—like this one)
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease individual ramekins or 1 large baking dish with the 1 teaspoon butter.
2. Combine the blueberries, apples, pears, lemon juice, honey, salt, coconut flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Combine the granola and the 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl.
3. Pour the fruit mixture into the baking dishes and bake for 40 minutes or until bubbling.
4. Reduce the oven to 325°F. Spread the granola mixture over the top of the fruit, then bake for 15 minutes until browned.
Want more dessert? Check out:
Danielle Walker is a two-time New York Times Best Selling author and photographer of cookbooks "Against all Grain" and "Meals Made Simple." She is the creator and content producer of the food blog Against All Grain. The platform is a resource for people, like Walker, who suffer from autoimmune diseases and seek treatment through diet. She has been featured in Popsugar, NBC Today, ESPN, and more.