A Mouthwatering Pear + Berry Crisp (That's Totally Grain-Free)
A grain- and gluten-free fruit-based dessert perfect for springtime. Use either grass-fed butter or coconut oil to get those good-quality fats and add flavor.
Pear Berry Crisp
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 apples, peeled and cored and cut into thin wedges
- 4 pears, peeled and cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
- ¼ cup honey (or maple for a vegan version)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grain-free granola (without raisins—like this one)
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease individual ramekins or 1 large baking dish with the 1 teaspoon butter.
2. Combine the blueberries, apples, pears, lemon juice, honey, salt, coconut flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Combine the granola and the 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl.
3. Pour the fruit mixture into the baking dishes and bake for 40 minutes or until bubbling.
4. Reduce the oven to 325°F. Spread the granola mixture over the top of the fruit, then bake for 15 minutes until browned.
Want more dessert? Check out:
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.