Need A Quick Dinner Idea? Try This Delicious & Easy Turmeric Chicken Recipe
Often, our favorite recipes are the simple ones—the sort of meal that, after cooking it once, you hardly need to look at the recipe to make it a second (or third, or fourth) time.
He also advises taking care when slicing the onions: Though you may be tempted to slice them thinner, you'll want to aim for those ½-inch-thick pieces so they soften, but don't completely lose their texture, when cooking.
Stir-Fried Turmeric Chicken
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, divided
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion or yellow onion, halved and sliced ½ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest, plus
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- Optional garnish: Thinly shredded red cabbage
- In a medium bowl, stir the honey, soy sauce, turmeric, 1 tablespoon of oil, and ¾ teaspoon of salt. Stir in the chicken.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until well browned.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until the chicken is opaque throughout and the onion is wilted but still crunchy.
- Off heat, stir in the lime juice and half the zest. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the remaining zest. Serve with lime wedges.
Eliza Sullivan is an SEO Editor at mindbodygreen, where she writes about food, recipes, and nutrition—among other things. She received a B.S. in journalism and B.A. in english literature with honors from Boston University, and she has previously written for Boston Magazine, TheTaste.ie, and SUITCASE magazine.