This Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Tastes Like Dessert
I absolutely love pumpkin. Knowing that I can pick up organic canned pumpkin puree any time of year makes me so happy, but eating pumpkin in the fall (and around Thanksgiving) is especially a treat.
Adding pumpkin to your smoothies is a great way to get in additional fiber, low-glycemic carbs and antioxidants. Just be sure to pick up pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix (yes, they're different!).
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 cups (480 ml) almond or coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup (81 g) pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp (16 g) almond or cashew butter
- 1 tbsp (7 g) hemp seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add the almond milk, pumpkin, banana, protein powder, almond butter, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to a blender.
- Blend on high until they’re well combined.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds to garnish.
Reprinted with permission from The 30-Day Hormone Solution by Samantha Gladish, Page Street Publishing Co. 2019.
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.