This Carrot Salad With Turmeric Sauce Will Make Your Skin Glow
Turmeric is one of my favorite spices, as it's known for its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to make anyone’s skin glow. This sauce has a peppery flavor and a bright-orange color from curcumin, which is where most of the nutrients in turmeric come from. Turmeric has been known to replace other anti-inflammatory drugs and has been used in Chinese and Indian medicine for years.
This turmeric sauce tastes great over my carrot and almond salad, which both contribute to glowing skin with vitamins A and E. It's a simple and light dish that works well as a side to any meal! That being said, this sauce is versatile and can be used on other dishes as well, if you wish to experiment!
Vibrant Glow Carrot Salad with Turmeric Sauce
- 3 large carrots
- ½ cup raw almonds, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
Creamy Turmeric Sauce
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric or 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch salt
1. Place all of the creamy turmeric sauce ingredients in a blender or bowl and blend or whisk until smooth.
2. Spiralize or grate three big carrots.
3. Place the carrots, almonds, raisins, and creamy turmeric sauce in a medium bowl and toss until mixed.
Jesse Lane Lee, BSc, CNP is a cheerful Holistic Nutritionist, motivating speaker, cookbook author, and founder of JesseLaneWellness.com. She is a recovering sugar-a-holic who, after suffering from candida, started eating homemade sweets made with alternative sweeteners. Jesse Lane had so much fun creating healthy dessert recipes; she started writing them down so she could share with you in her cookbook. She is the author Jesse Lane Wellness Cookbook Healthy Dairy Free Desserts. Get a copy of her 15 page Guide to Natural Sugar Substitutes for FREE.