No matter how heavenly a full night's rest sounds in theory, in reality we all know that an eight-hour snooze is easier said than slept. And when life gets in the way of getting the sleep your body needs, the first place it shows—whether we want it to or not—is on our face (OK, and our hair, but that's a story for another time). The good news is that a little color can go a long way.
So we turned to clean beauty brand jane iredale—THE SKINCARE MAKEUP® to demonstrate five tried-and-true steps for a bright-eyed and fresh-faced look—from the unskippable SPF to the nourishing makeup that pulls double duty and gives your complexion a healthy, lit-from-within glow.
Follow this simple morning routine to help you look radiant, refreshed, and ready to take on the day—even if you didn't get that full night's rest.
A beauty tutorial to look radiant & well rested.
- De-puff with a jade roller, a daily practice that can also help stimulate circulation and create a lifting effect on your skin. (Tip: Keep your jade roller in your fridge—it's an instant pick-me-up). At a 15-degree angle to the skin, gently roll from the center of the face, out toward the hairline. Need a full tutorial? We got you.
- Even out and hydrate your skin with a tinted moisturizer for a plump, dewy, fresh-faced base. (Steer away from mattifying products for this routine). A tinted moisturizer like Dream Tint contains SPF 15 sun protection—an essential part of every skin care regimen. A blending brush helps for a smoother application.
- Add a bit of natural color to the lips and apples of the cheeks to help give a healthy, radiant glow. Go for color that will do double duty: Forever Pink is a multipurpose lip and cheek stain that enhances your natural coloring.
- Add a little luminosity where the sun naturally touches your face. Use a flat fan brush (this shape allows for even and soft definition) to lightly sweep complexion-brightening highlighter above the apples of the cheeks to the orbital bone. Use the tip of your ring finger to softly illuminate under the brow bone and down the bridge of your nose, finishing with a tap on the cupid's bow. To bring out the eyes, lightly blend a touch of bronzer in a warmer shade on your lids. The four luminous pink and copper shades in this Sunbeam Bronzer (eco-bonus: the compact is refillable!) can be used on eyes and cheeks for an allover glow.
- Wake up the eyes with an eyelash curler and a swipe of lengthening mascara. We're using PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner first to help give your lashes a more even, nourished coat of mascara. Then apply Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara, which is formulated with a blend of seaweed lipids to condition, moisturize, and protect lashes. Lifted lashes give the appearance of bigger, more open eyes, so if you have time for only one step to look more awake, make it this!