This Turmeric Cocktail Will Make Your Skin Glow & It's Pure Fall Magic
With the holidays fast approaching and fall cocooning us in her cozy embrace, it's natural to want to reach for a cocktail every now and then. Coming together and cultivating community is definitely an important wellness practice—and if you toss in a few cocktails that fall on the healthy-ish side, all the better. This one is designed to make your skin glow, with vitamin C-rich cranberries and oranges that help your skin synthesize collagen, and turmeric and ginger to fight inflammation as you sip. It tastes like the harvest in a glass, with a warmth from the spices and the seasonal cranberries (but don't worry, you can use frozen!). We recommend using a high-quality, gluten-free vodka to keep the health benefits and flavor at their peak (we tested this with Tito's, one of our favorites in the test kitchen).
Cinnamon Cranberry Orange Sunrise
Serves 4 to 5
- Juice of 2 oranges (reserve peel for garnish)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 ounces vodka
- Sparkling water
- Sprig of rosemary, for garnish
- To make the cranberry puree: In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and cranberries. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside and let it cool. Blend the cranberry mixture in a blender, then strain.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the cranberry puree and the vodka and shake well; strain into 4 to 5 glasses. Top with sparkling water, and garnish with rosemary sprig and orange wedge.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.