This Turmeric Cocktail Will Make Your Skin Glow & It's Pure Fall Magic
With the holidays fast approaching and fall cocooning us in her cozy embrace, it's natural to want to reach for a cocktail every now and then. Coming together and cultivating community is definitely an important wellness practice—and if you toss in a few cocktails that fall on the healthy-ish side, all the better. This one is designed to make your skin glow, with vitamin C-rich cranberries and oranges that help your skin synthesize collagen, and turmeric and ginger to fight inflammation as you sip. It tastes like the harvest in a glass, with a warmth from the spices and the seasonal cranberries (but don't worry, you can use frozen!). We recommend using a high-quality, gluten-free vodka to keep the health benefits and flavor at their peak (we tested this with Tito's, one of our favorites in the test kitchen).
Cinnamon Cranberry Orange Sunrise
Serves 4 to 5
- Juice of 2 oranges (reserve peel for garnish)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 ounces vodka
- Sparkling water
- Sprig of rosemary, for garnish
- To make the cranberry puree: In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and cranberries. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside and let it cool. Blend the cranberry mixture in a blender, then strain.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the cranberry puree and the vodka and shake well; strain into 4 to 5 glasses. Top with sparkling water, and garnish with rosemary sprig and orange wedge.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.