Adam Rosante Debunks Your Top Clean-Eating Myths
Turkey Provolone With Crisp Slaw & Pickled Red Onions
Applegate Organics® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, Applegate Organics® Provolone Cheese, vinegar slaw, pickled red onions, and Adam's magic sauce are all nestled between a pillowy brioche roll for a very special sandwich.
Magic sauce is a versatile, chameleon-like condiment that I use pretty much all the time for dips, dressings, spreads, and sauces. It's easy to make and is just as good with meats and seafood as it is with veggies. The base is Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. There are plenty of times I'll leave it just like that. But you can add any herb, allium, or spice you'd like (that's what makes it magic). For this sandwich, I went with garlic and used it the way you'd use mayo or mustard.
Ingredients for Adam's Magic Sauce
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- ½ garlic clove, minced*
* This is the "wild card" ingredient. Mix it up if you'd like with any combo of herbs, alliums, or spices.
* Keep remaining sauce in the fridge. Lasts about 5 to 7 days.
- Slice a brioche roll in half. Place cut sides up on a cutting board. Spread a thin layer of magic sauce on each cut side.
- Layer turkey, then provolone, vinegar slaw, and pickled red onions on the bottom half.
- Cover with the top half, cut side down.
- Slice in half and serve.
Adam Rosante, CPT, CSCS, C.N., is a personal trainer, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and philanthropist. He is also the founder of Good Eats, a not-for-profit that feeds hungry kids on the weekends, as well as the founder of Project Strength, a not-for-profit that uses fitness as the modality to help at-risk youth recognize their potential and realize their dreams. He is on the advisory board for Shape Magazine, and he has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, Redbook, Glamour, Elle, Cosmo, O, Prevention, Good Housekeeping, Naturally Danny Seo, Men's Journal, Men's Fitness, Men's Health, NBC, ABC, and Yahoo. Adam is also the bestselling author of The 30-Second Body: Eat Clean. Train Dirty. Live Hard.