These Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Take Only 15 Minutes To Make
I don't usually toot my own horn, but these are genius! My daughter and husband love them. They are great as a snack to take away and real winners at bake sales. It's important that the peanut butter is runny and loose, and the coconut oil is melted; otherwise, the mixture will become dense.
15-Minute Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Makes 8 muffins
- 240 g (8½ oz./1 cup) drained tinned chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 60 g (2 oz./⅓ cup) brown or coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 60 g (2 oz/¼ cup) runny peanut butter
- 60 g (2 oz./ ½ cup) cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 160 ml (5½ fl. oz./⅔ cup) oat milk or other plant milk
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g (3½ oz.) dark or milk dairy-free chocolate, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4) and line a muffin pan with 8 paper cases.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until you have a beautiful smooth mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into the 8 muffin cases. Put one or two pieces of chocolate into each muffin along with a slice or two of banana.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. The muffins will be lovely and cooked on the outside but still gooey on the inside. Leave them to cool on a wire rack, then enjoy.
- Lasts for 5-plus days in the fridge.
Recipe excerpted with permission from The 7-Day Vegan Challenge by Bettina Campolucci-Bordi, published by Hardie Grant Books January 2020.