Seriously Delicious Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Squares
This is a super-simple recipe that is perfect for fall. It's light, sweet, and packed with protein and fiber. These squares are also gluten-free and vegan.
- 4 tablespoons powdered peanut butter plus 2 tablespoons water (or 3 tablespoons nut butter of choice)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 3 dashes salt
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (or erythritol)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F; spray and 8-by-8-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine powdered peanut butter and water, and stir until mixture is a peanut-butter-like consistency.
3. Combine all ingredients including peanut butter mixture in high-speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Top with vegan chocolate sauce or melted chocolate, if desired.