This Anti-inflammatory Beet + Cherry Smoothie Also Supports Your Liver
This dark purple, cacao-laced smoothie has a pleasing combination of earthy, rich, and zesty ingredients. It is filled with inflammation-fighting ginger and beet to give your body the vitamins and minerals it needs to reboot and refuel.
Beet + Cherry Smoothie
- Scant ¼ cup hazelnuts, almonds, or cashews
- ¾ cup frozen cherries
- ½-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 beet, peeled and chopped
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein (optional, for a post-exercise pick-me-up)
- Small handful of oats (optional, for a more filling breakfast smoothie)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spread the hazelnuts out on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then transfer to a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
Ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.