True, not all of us are morning people, but it’s safe to say that most of us wouldn’t turn down a delicious first meal. We’re big fans of breakfast because it’s one of the easiest times to get in healthful, nutrient-packed ingredients—even when it comes to, say, French toast.
The weekend brunch staple can make us feel like crawling right back into bed, but a simple makeover with golden-milk totally changes that. We took a bottle of REBBL’s tasty Turmeric Golden-Milk elixir, which is thoughtfully crafted with black pepper to up the bioavailability of curcumin (the potent inflammation-fighting antioxidant in turmeric) and created a whole new breakfast classic.
Here’s how to make it:
Golden-Milk French Toast
- 1 bottle REBBL Turmeric Golden-Milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4-6 thick slices of sourdough bread
- Ghee, to cover bottom of skillet
- Blend REBBL with chia in a high speed blender for at least a minute, until very smooth.
- Pour batter into shallow dish & let sit in the fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Melt ghee in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Let heat for about a minute, to get quite warm before making French toast.
- Dip slices of sourdough bread one by one in batter on each side, letting sit for about 10 seconds. Shake off excess and lay in a single layer in skillet.
- Cook slices in skillet for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Flip and cook second side for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Top with maple almond butter, coconut yogurt, sprinkle of turmeric and cinnamon.