Turmeric has long been a superstar of the wellness world, and come winter, golden milk lattes pepper Instagram feeds with their anti-inflammatory, photogenic goodness. But how are you supposed to get your Ayurvedic deliciousness on in the summer when it’s a zillion degrees outside?
Enter: The Golden Milkshake. This bright yellow concoction makes it easy to make a milkshake at home—all you need is a blender, some spices, and Bolthouse Farms® Plant Protein Milk. The unsweetened vanilla flavor adds a rich, dessert-like note, and a whopping 10 grams of protein per serving (which means that, yes, you can drink this milkshake as a healthy breakfast). Once you master the technique, you’ll be a milkshake machine, and can churn them out all summer long.
Turmeric Golden Milk Milkshake
- 2 cups Bolthouse Farms Plant Protein Milk Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Blend milk, turmeric, ginger, and black pepper until smooth.
- Pour ¾ of turmeric mixture into an ice cube tray, then keep the other ⅓ in the fridge. Freeze ice cube tray until solid, about 5 hours.
- Blend ice cubes with liquid mixture until thick and creamy. Serve immediately.
For more information on Bolthouse Farms and availability visit bolthouse.com/locator