Yes, you can eat peanut butter cookie dough for breakfast—a peanut butter cookie dough smoothie bowl that is. This smoothie bowl tastes just like dipping into your favorite tub of peanut butter cookie dough, but it’s refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, and packed with protein and fiber. Cauliflower acts as a detoxifying base, while a hefty dose of vanilla extract gives it that cookie dough kick.
Nut butter is also always a great smoothie addition. Nuts are consistently named by doctors as one of the healthiest foods on the planet, and their nourishing fats help absorb the fat soluble vitamins in the smoothie bowl.
There are two kinds of nut butter creating the flavor for this bowl (and giving it a hefty dose of protein): Wild Friends Classic Creamy Peanut Butter, which gives it the delicious peanut butter flavor, and Wild Friends Almond Cashew Super Butter, which adds the toasty cookie dough note in the background. Wild Friends nut butters are made with simple, clean ingredients, and are completely free of palm oil, making them extra drizzly, perfect for decorating the top of the bowl after.
Plus, they offer a ton of healthy benefits. “Almonds contain vitamin E, which assists in achieving healthy, glowy skin, improves immune function, and protects the body from oxidative damage. Almonds also contain magnesium, calcium, and folate," explains Miranda Hammer, RD, a mbg class instructor. Cashews are rich in copper and magnesium, while peanuts provide healthy protein to keep you full through lunch. The fact that the smoothie bowl tastes just like peanut butter cookie dough is only a bonus.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower florets
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon Wild Friends Classic Creamy Peanut Butter, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon Wild Friends Almond Cashew Super Butter, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons toasted peanuts, chopped, plus more for topping
- Blend together all ingredients except for the peanuts until very smooth. Pulse in the peanuts until distributed but not blended.
- Serve in a bowl, topped with a drizzle of two nut butters and additional toppings, if desired.