These Keto 'Mashed Potatoes' Will Wow Your Thanksgiving Crowd
While following a keto diet does require some sacrifices, you won't feel like you're missing out on a thing when you pair this Smashed Loaded Cauliflower recipe with your turkey. It has all the hearty goodness and flavor of traditional mashed potatoes but with considerably fewer carbs—the best of both worlds! Plus, since it's made in the slow cooker, you can focus your attention on your other side dishes (and your family members) while it cooks.
Loaded Smashed Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped, green part only
- Place cauliflower in slow cooker. Add garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and broth. Cook on low for 5 hours or until soft.
- Drain excess liquid from slow cooker and add remaining ingredients, except scallions. Use an immersion blender to purée. Sprinkle scallions on top and serve hot.
Lindsay Boyers is a holistic nutritionist specializing in gut health, mood disorders, and functional nutrition. Lindsay earned a degree in food & nutrition from Framingham State University, and she holds a Certificate in Holistic Nutrition Consulting from the American College of Healthcare Sciences.
She has written twelve books and has had more than 2,000 articles published across various websites. Lindsay currently works full time as a freelance health writer. She truly believes that you can transform your life through food, proper mindset and shared experiences. That's why it's her goal to educate others, while also being open and vulnerable to create real connections with her clients and readers.