A 5-Minute Guided Meditation With Benefits That'll Last All Day
The most important thing to remember when it comes to looking into practicing meditation as a mama is that motherhood is the meditation. We practice meditation in order to become more present, but nothing creates presence like the razor-sharp focus you get from trying to keep a tiny human alive! So try not to let meditation feel like one more thing you have to do today. You are doing enough. You are enough. Here's a quick meditation practice to remind you of that.
Mama Medicine's 5-minute meditation for mothers past, present, and future:
- Close your eyes and place both hands on that big beautiful heart of yours.
- And breathe into this place, reminding yourself how loving you are, that you are powerful because of the power of your love.
- Let that power radiate from your heart to your hands and from your hands back to your heart.
- Take another deep breath and lean into the power of your love for a moment.
- Send gratitude to all of the mothers who have come before you. Send hope to all of the mothers yet to come.
- In your mind's voice, tell yourself and all the mothers past, present, and future, "Because we are mothers, we can do anything."
- Take one last deep breath and lean into the power of your love for this sweet moment.
- Open your eyes and notice how you feel.
I suggest you try this at night before you go to sleep or in the morning when you first wake up, but it can be done whenever you have a few moments to yourself.