A 5-Minute Guided Meditation With Benefits That'll Last All Day
The most important thing to remember when it comes to looking into practicing meditation as a mama is that motherhood is the meditation. We practice meditation in order to become more present, but nothing creates presence like the razor-sharp focus you get from trying to keep a tiny human alive! So try not to let meditation feel like one more thing you have to do today. You are doing enough. You are enough. Here's a quick meditation practice to remind you of that.
Mama Medicine's 5-minute meditation for mothers past, present, and future:
- Close your eyes and place both hands on that big beautiful heart of yours.
- And breathe into this place, reminding yourself how loving you are, that you are powerful because of the power of your love.
- Let that power radiate from your heart to your hands and from your hands back to your heart.
- Take another deep breath and lean into the power of your love for a moment.
- Send gratitude to all of the mothers who have come before you. Send hope to all of the mothers yet to come.
- In your mind's voice, tell yourself and all the mothers past, present, and future, "Because we are mothers, we can do anything."
- Take one last deep breath and lean into the power of your love for this sweet moment.
- Open your eyes and notice how you feel.
I suggest you try this at night before you go to sleep or in the morning when you first wake up, but it can be done whenever you have a few moments to yourself.
Sleep Like Before You Had Kids.
Receive your FREE Parents' Guide to Getting a Good Night's Sleep
Mama Medicine is Deborah Hanekamp, the author of the bestselling book Rituals Baths and named “fashion’s favorite healer” by Vogue Magazine. Mama Medicine facilitates Medicine Readings all over the world. These ceremonies integrate two decades of experience. At the end of every Medicine Reading, Deborah prescribes a Ritual Bath. Her empowering work along with her unique aesthetic and approachable personality, have garnered Mama Medicine tens of thousands of global followers and features in major press outlets. In a world of gurus and self-help, Mama Medicine encourages us to be our own healer and helps us connect to the true master within us all: the power of love. Follow Deborah @MamaMedicine.