This Genius Keto-Friendly Recipe Turns Zucchini Into Parmesan Herbed Fries
Confession time: Who in their weakest moment hasn't fallen prey to the allure of french fries at the drive-through window? So rather than tempt myself, I created this delicious keto-friendly version of fries. Enjoy!
Parmesan Herbed Zucchini Fries
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Serves: 4
- Olive oil or avocado cooking spray
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheeses
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into sticks ¼ to ½ inch thick
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Optional: Low-sugar ketchup for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Set up a dredging station: Stir the almond flour, Parmigiano, sea salt, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper flakes together in a shallow bowl. Place the beaten eggs in a second shallow bowl.
- Working in batches, dip the zucchini sticks into the eggs, shaking to remove any excess, and roll them in the herbed cheese mixture to coat. Arrange the coated zucchini sticks on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes, turning once halfway.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve with low-sugar ketchup if desired.
Rocco's Keto Comfort Food Diet is available now!
Rocco DiSpirito is a James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef and the author of 10 bestselling books, including three back-to-back #1 New York Times bestsellers. Rocco has starred on numerous television shows and can currently be seen as the cooking expert on Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.
He is frequently featured as a food and weight loss expert in print and online media such as People, Time, Fitness, and Self. His website is www.roccodispirito.com.