How To Make A Healthy Paleo Cornbread — Without The Corn
Trying to mimic the flavor of cornbread without corn is not an easy task at all. However, this combination of ghee, coconut milk, honey, and almond and coconut flours does as close of a job as I can imagine with a flavor and texture reminiscent of traditional corn muffins. These sweet paleo "corn" muffins are perfect with breakfast and can be eaten warm out of the oven or toasted. Plus, they come together quickly and easily.
Honey "Corn" Muffins
Yields 12 muffins
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (119 ml) full-fat coconut milk, at room temperature or slightly warmed, blended prior to adding
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp. (128 g) raw honey
- ¼ cup (59 ml) melted ghee
- 1¾ cups (168 g) blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup (32 g) coconut flour
- 1½ tsp. (3 g) aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C) and line a 12-well muffin pan with parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk or use an electric mixer to blend together the eggs, coconut milk, lemon juice, honey, and ghee until smooth.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, combine the almond and coconut flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Using a spoon, fill each prepared muffin well a bit more than three-quarters of the way. Bake for 22 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool almost completely. These muffins are best served slightly warm.
- Store leftovers, loosely covered, at room temperature for the first day, then covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
And do you want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.