This Healthy Version Of Starbucks' Piña Colada Iced Tea Is The Perfect Summer Drink
Starbucks just announced it's newest drink, an iced tea infusion featuring everyone's favorite summer flavor—piña colada. While you could buy the drink at the ubiquitous chain, it's just as easy to make your own, allowing you to ensure that it's free of artificial colors, flavors, and unwanted sugar. Here's how.
Healthy Starbucks Iced Piña Colada Tea Infusion
- 1 teaspoon of plain black tea (can also be a black tea bag, but be sure it's not Earl Grey or otherwise flavored)
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon dried pineapple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon banana chips, chopped
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Handful of ice
- 8 oz water
- Boil water and pour over all ingredients save for coconut milk. Cover and let steep. After 3 minutes, strain out solids, reserving liquid.
- Add coconut milk. Let cool (optional; makes ice melt less and dilutes drink less but is not necessary if you're eager to drink up!).
- Pour over ice and serve immediately.
Want more perfect summer drinks? We're obsessed with this super anti-inflammatory iced blend.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.