This Healthy Version Of Starbucks' Piña Colada Iced Tea Is The Perfect Summer Drink
Starbucks just announced it's newest drink, an iced tea infusion featuring everyone's favorite summer flavor—piña colada. While you could buy the drink at the ubiquitous chain, it's just as easy to make your own, allowing you to ensure that it's free of artificial colors, flavors, and unwanted sugar. Here's how.
Healthy Starbucks Iced Piña Colada Tea Infusion
- 1 teaspoon of plain black tea (can also be a black tea bag, but be sure it's not Earl Grey or otherwise flavored)
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon dried pineapple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon banana chips, chopped
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Handful of ice
- 8 oz water
- Boil water and pour over all ingredients save for coconut milk. Cover and let steep. After 3 minutes, strain out solids, reserving liquid.
- Add coconut milk. Let cool (optional; makes ice melt less and dilutes drink less but is not necessary if you're eager to drink up!).
- Pour over ice and serve immediately.
Want more perfect summer drinks? We're obsessed with this super anti-inflammatory iced blend.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.