The Easy Drink This Functional Doc Uses As A Potent Daily Detoxifier
Will Cole, D.C., mbg Collective member, and best-selling author of the newly published Ketotarian, doesn't believe in doing detoxes. "Instead of fad detox programs, I recommend making your life a cleanse," Cole explains.
He does just that with this daily detox drink, which uses carefully selected ingredients to, as Cole says, "fight off the onslaught of toxins that everyone inevitably comes across on a daily basis."
Cilantro has been shown to help your body eliminate heavy metals. Cole also is a big fan of supporting your body's methylation. "Methylation is a biochemical process that happens in your body over 1 billion times every second and controls how effectively you detox," Cole says. "Beet greens are rich in B vitamins that act as fuel for methylation, and bee pollen does wonders for supporting your liver—your body's main detoxing organ. Grapefruit juice kicks this elixir up a notch with a punch of fresh, clean flavor while still being low in fruit sugars."
Will Cole's Daily Detox Drink
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh ginger
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick, broken
- 2 teaspoons bee pollen
- ½ grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1½ cups torn beet greens
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, stems trimmed
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, combine the water, ginger, cinnamon, and bee pollen. Cover; let steep for 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Strain the liquid through a fine sieve, discarding the solids.
- Pour the liquid into the container of a blender. Add the grapefruit sections, beet greens, and cilantro. Blend until smooth. Serve over ice. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
TIP: Add 1 tablespoon of MCT oil or coconut oil if you want to increase your healthy fat.
Based on excerpts from Ketotarian by Will Cole, with the permission of Avery, a division of Penguin Random House. Copyright © 2018.
And do you want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.