As the new year approaches, there's no better time to spice up your go-to meals. And why not make some small tweaks that return major benefits?
The keto diet is known for its anti-inflammatory, gut-healing, and weight-loss benefits, and the new release The Essential Vegan Keto Cookbook features plant-based recipes that are packed with macronutrients—without the meat. To get started, try the pumpkin overnight oats recipe. It has a high beta-carotene content that helps fight inflammation and leaves your skin glowing, as well as vitamin A for immune-boosting properties. Here's to a more beautiful morning.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton, not canned)
- ½ cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 drops liquid stevia, or to taste (optional)
- ½ teaspoon unsweetened vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted hulled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons natural unsweetened almond butter
- Sprinkling of cinnamon and/or more pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- For the oats: In a medium bowl, stir together ¾ cup of the coconut milk, the ground flaxseed, chia seeds, pumpkin puree, stevia, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Cover with plastic wrap or place in a container with a lid and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to serve: Stir the remaining ¼ cup coconut milk into the oats. Divide between two bowls and top with the pumpkin seeds, coconut, and almond butter. If desired, sprinkle with spices.
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.