These 3 Deliciously Festive Apps Come Together In Under 10 Minutes
The holiday season—a.k.a. party season—is upon us, and one’s thing’s for sure: Whether you’re hosting a supper gathering or a casual get together, finger food is king. Liven up the standard-issue cheese, crackers, and charcuterie board with seasonal, wholesome sweet and savory toppings on hearty crackers like Simple Mills’ Sprouted Seed Crackers, which are gluten-free, grain-free, and non-GMO. Our latest Food With Benefits video tackles three healthful toppers that are ready to serve in 10 minutes.
White Bean Mash + Pepita Chard Pesto
White Bean Mash
(makes about 2 cups)
- 2 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pepita Chard Pesto
(makes about 3 cups—will have lots leftover!)
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas
- 1 bunch green chard (stems removed and rough chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Simple Mills Everything Sprouted Seed Crackers
- Make the white bean mash. Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and process until smooth
- Make the pepita chard pesto. Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and process until the texture of pesto (smooth).
- Spread some white bean mash on a Simple Mills Everything Cracker and then top with a bit of pepita chard pesto. Serve immediately.
Caramel Apples + Nut butter
- 2 medium to large apples (peeled and diced small)
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup water
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon coconut cream
- Simple Mills Original Sprouted Seed Crackers
- Sunflower butter or nut/seed butter of your choice
- Make caramel apples. In a saucepan place apples, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a quick boil and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Add in coconut cream and continue to simmer for 1-2 minutes more until thickened, watching carefully so that the caramel doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and spoon immediately over Simple Mills Original Sprouted Seed Crackers spread with nut or seed butter of your choice.
Crunchy Fall Superfood Salad
- 5oz baby kale, rough chopped
- 3 teaspoon Meyer lemon juice and ½ teaspoon zest
- 2 tablespoon roasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoon roasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pomegranate aerils
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoons hemp seed hearts
- ¼ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Simple Mills Garlic & Herb Sprouted Seed Crackers and crumbs
- Place chopped baby kale into a bowl and toss with the rest of ingredients. Make sure to toss or massage the kale for 5 minutes so that the dressing “cooks” and softens the kale.
- Place a bit of the salad on top of a Simple Mills Garlic & Herb Sprouted Seed Cracker and garnish with a bit of cracker crumbs. Enjoy!