- 4 big leaves of raw kale (either green, red, dino or a little of all/either)
- 2 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. orange, lemon or grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8-1/4 cup raw blueberries
- 1/8-1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- a dash of sea salt and pinch of pepper
This raw kale salad is inspired by the unseasonal weather we’ve been experiencing here on the Rocky Mountain Front Range. Sixty degrees and sunny. Nearly every day. Salad weather it is indeed.
Salad is affordable for students on a budget, is becoming a go-to staple for professionals, and young children love eating the blueberries first. Ok, adults do too. This makes for a healthy lunch or side dish full of vitamins, protein, minerals, and the most important ingredient, love. The dressing mixture will marinate the raw kale, making it easier to digest and boosting it up with extra superfood power. Serves 2-3.
Wash and de-rib kale. Either chop or gently rip into bite-size amounts. Put in a large bowl. Drizzle apple cider vinegar, citrus juice and olive oil. Add salt, pepper and sunflower seeds. Gently massage the salad with loving (and clean) hands, or actual salad tossing tools, then let stand in fridge or counter (weather depending) for 10-15 minutes. Add blueberries right before serving.