5 Tips for Getting Back into a Healthy Fall Rhythm
Is your body tired of too much partying? Are you longing for the back to school routine? We think of summer as a time of long lazy days outside exercising, enjoying fresh food and time off with friends. But the truth is that most people go out more, eat and drink too much, sleep less and actually gain weight because their routine has gone out the window. This is why we are all so happy when September comes… Work, school, family, all have a rhythm, and our self-care routine works better when it is scheduled like everything else you do every day.
Here are 5 tips for getting back into a Healthy Fall Rhythm:
- Embrace the fun you had and make the emotional shift to September.
- Set a bedtime and stick to it. I encourage my patients to get to sleep no later than 11, even earlier if possible. Aim for a minimum of 7 hours per night. Sleep is key and the first place to start.
- Going out less means you will have less temptation with alcohol and dessert. Try setting a routine with no alcohol or dessert/sugary foods during the week.
- Those early morning workouts will get harder when it gets darker. Explore all your options including exercise at home with videos.
- Remember, routine is good for your adrenal glands, and healthy adrenals will support you on the inside when the seasons are changing on the outside. Adrenals are nourished by good self care like sleeping, exercising, eating healthy, minimizing toxins, practicing relaxation techniques…these are exactly the things that go out the window without a routine.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.