Here are 5 tips for getting back into a Healthy Fall Rhythm:
- Embrace the fun you had and make the emotional shift to September.
- Set a bedtime and stick to it. I encourage my patients to get to sleep no later than 11, even earlier if possible. Aim for a minimum of 7 hours per night. Sleep is key and the first place to start.
- Going out less means you will have less temptation with alcohol and dessert. Try setting a routine with no alcohol or dessert/sugary foods during the week.
- Those early morning workouts will get harder when it gets darker. Explore all your options including exercise at home with videos.
- Remember, routine is good for your adrenal glands, and healthy adrenals will support you on the inside when the seasons are changing on the outside. Adrenals are nourished by good self care like sleeping, exercising, eating healthy, minimizing toxins, practicing relaxation techniques…these are exactly the things that go out the window without a routine.