This Is The Perfect Green Detox Soup For Spring
This soup is filled with the best veggies spring has to offer—oh, and it's deeply detoxifying. If you aren't a fan of fennel, you will be after trying this soup. Its taste comes through very subtly and boosts the flavors of every other ingredient. It's like a fresh spring field, in a bowl.
- 1 leek
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium head of fennel, chopped
- 1 pound cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ pound kale, torn
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 lemon, zest removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut milk
- Coconut flakes
- Sunflower seeds
- Combine the oil, leek, garlic, and fennel in a large saucepan, and cook until softened.
- Add the cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli, and thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium and let cook for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Add the kale and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until kale has softened.
- Remove from heat and add lemon rind. Using a handheld stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Heat the oven to 350°F and lay a handful of coconut flakes on a baking tray. Bake for 2 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Remove.
- To serve, place soup in a bowl and cover with toasted coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, and a heavy dollop of full-fat coconut milk.