Popcorn is the classic movie watching food, so it's only fitting to munch it at the ultimate movie event of the year: the Oscars. This version is inspired by Golden Milk, a health world staple that combines turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and coconut milk into an anti-inflammatory, incredibly delicious Ayurvedic elixir. Lightly sweetened with maple syrup, it tastes like an exotic kettle corn and will have all of your fellow Academy Award viewers feeling like winners.
Golden Turmeric Popcorn
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- In a large pot with a lid, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium for about 1 minute, then add popcorn kernels. Place lid on top and shake a bit to make sure kernels are well-coated, then cook over medium heat, without touching, until popcorn kernels have popped, and popping has slowed to one or two pops every few seconds.
- Remove from heat and add remaining coconut oil and all remaining ingredients, then place lid back on and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds, or until all popcorn is well-coated (you can just also just stir). Makes about 5 cups of popcorn.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.