A Delicious Chia Pudding Recipe To Balance Your Hormones
Need an easy breakfast recipe? I've got you covered. This chia pudding recipe, from my recipe book You Nourish You, is great for helping support thyroid health and has nutrients that may help prevent some cancers.
Chia seeds are an ancient superfood that is very similar to flaxseeds, but without the estrogen and phytoestrogen element. It is a just as good, (if not better) source of essential fatty acids, so it will do wonders for your health and skin. Additionally, chia seeds contain twice the protein of any other seed or grain, more calcium than milk, more potassium than bananas, and more iron than spinach—plus those copious amounts of omega-3s and omega-6s.
I love how versatile chia seed pudding can be. The flavor combinations are endless and the pudding always comes together with minimal effort. Since chia pudding is Paleo and gluten-free, it is a great allergy-friendly breakfast, dessert, and snack option. Ready to eat chia yet? I thought so.
My Favorite Chia Pudding Recipe
- ¼ cup organic chia seeds
- 1 cup organic nut or seed milk (I blend hemp seeds + H2O, you can also use almond milk or coconut milk)
- organic alcohol-free vanilla extract
- organic cinnamon
- organic cardamom
- organic blueberries
- organic blackberries
- organic goji berries
- organic raw pumpkin seeds
- organic hemp seeds
- organic bee pollen
- Whisk chia pudding ingredients in a Mason jar or fancy glass. Stir very well for about 5 minutes with a fork until all of the chia seeds are covered and coated. Cover and set in refrigerator for 20 minutes. (You can leave in the fridge for as long as you want. The pudding will just get thicker as time goes by.)
- Garnish with berries and superfoods.
- Serve and enjoy!
Add avocado, sea salt, cucumbers, and mint leaves for something more refreshing and savory. I hope you enjoy it and would love to see your beautiful culinary creations! Tag me @fernolivia #younourishyou on Instagram and be sure to check out my Thyroid Yoga™ You Nourish You recipe book for even more inspiration!