A Goji Berry + Tahini Salad Rich In Antioxidants & Perfect For Summer
This salad, made with fresh broccoli and antioxidant-rich goji berries, is a healthy take on the traditional creamy broccoli salad.
This recipe is dairy-free and so much better for you! To make the sauce creamy, it's made with tahini and nutritional yeast, and instead of using raisins, it uses goji berries to pack your salad full of health benefits.
Compared to traditional broccoli salad, this version is light and won’t weigh you down and can be enjoyed warm or cold.
Broccoli + Goji Berry Antioxidant Salad
Serves 4 as a side
- 2 heads of broccoli including stems, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup goji berries
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
Ingredients for sauce
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Water, as needed
1. Thinly slice the red onion and place in a bowl of water to soak until the rest of the salad is ready; this will neutralize the astringent flavor.
2. Cook the broccoli in a steamer basket by gently steaming it over boiling water for 5 minutes or until just tender. Once the broccoli is cooked, submerge it in an ice bath to stop the cooking if you aren't serving immediately.
3. To make the sauce, place the garlic in a food processor and pulse until minced. Add the tahini, nutritional yeast, paprika, mustard powder, turmeric, salt and pepper, apple cider vinegar, and oil, then pulse until silky smooth. The sauce should be quite thick, but if it is too thick, add water 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.
4. Place the broccoli and sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with the sauce. Top the salad with goji berries and pumpkin seeds. Serve broccoli and goji berry antioxidant salad warm or chill before serving.