1. Heat a drizzle of oil or a tablespoon of ghee in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until translucent.
2. Add the chopped garlic, rosemary, and thyme to the pot. And cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Stir in white beans and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Over this time, I like to lightly mash some of the white beans against the side of the pot while stirring. This gives the stew its thicker, more stew-like consistency.
4. Add the roasted vegetables and the cooked sorghum to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 more minutes.
5. Serve with parsley, cracked pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.