Vegan "Tuna" Wraps (The Only Thing Missing Is The Mercury!)
What if I could give you a little piece of your childhood back in the form of a recipe made of whole, plant-based foods that will not only nourish your body and spirit, but will take a stand for the health and well-being of your family, our fish and our oceans? Would you be up for trying something new?
This is an amazingly easy, off-the-hook-tasty recipe. Creamy, salty and textured, the vibrant tastes excite. Every time you choose this walnut-based untuna, you become a guardian of the ocean. Oh yeah, it’s so uncanny how much this dish tastes likes actual tuna, you’ll be left wondering, how is this possible?
My sons say that the only thing missing from this tuna is the mercury — well put!
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 celery stalks, chopped coarsely
- 4 tablespoons seaweed or sea veggies
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite relish with amino acids
1. In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until mealy in texture.
2. Add the celery, sea veggies and olives. Process again for 30 seconds.
3. Add the relish and process for 15 seconds.
4. Spread on romaine leaves, wrap in a collard green, or spread on your favorite bread. We love hemp bread and gluten-free millet varieties.
With permission by Avery Books, recipe adapted from The Plantpower Way: Whole Food Recipes and Guidance for the Whole Family, by Rich Roll and Julie Piatt, on sale everywhere April 28, 2015 and currently available for pre-order.
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.